· INFIFLEX TECHNOLOGIES WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY AND HDFC was the Runner up.
· INFLIFLEX BEAT HDFC Bank BY 2-0
· Arghya Bose of INFIFLEX TECHNOLOGIES won the title RISE Premier league Player of the Tournament
· ANIKET GHOS H OF INFIFLEX TECHNOLOGIES won the award for scoring maximum goals –
· BRANDON SMITH from HDFC Bank won the title “ Goal Keeper of the tournament”
· Teams from 16 corporates participate in a two day football tournament followed by 2 exhibition matches
· Former Star Footballers like Manash Bhattacharya, Biswajit Bhattacharya, Prasanta Banerjee and Krishnendu Roy mentor the league
· Raima Sen, renowned film actress grace the event to launch the initiative
Details of the tournament –
· 24 LEAGUE matches were played on 23RD October – the first day of Rise Premier League being organized
· 9 matches were played on 24th October- the final day of the tournament
· The details of the two semi final matches played on October 24
1) HDFC Bank beat FIIOB in penalty shoot out (score – 3-2)
2) INFIFLEX TECHNOLOGIES beat by British Telecom by 2-0
Kolkata , October 24, 2021 : Merlin Group, India’s leading real estate conglomerate has concluded RISE Premier League (RPL) – A unique corporate football league in presence of veteran footballers viz. Manas Bhattacharya, Biswajit Bhattacharya, Prasanta Banerjee and Krishnendu Roy on exciting note. INFIFLEX TECHNOLOGIES won RISE Premier league title by beating HDFC Bank by 2-0.
Sri Saket Mohta, MD, Merlin Group and Smt Raima Sen, renowned actress presented the trophies to the winners and runers up along with the star footballers . The two day football league witnessed exciting matches played among 16 teams from the various corporates of Kolkata facing off each other on ground followed by two exhibition matches at Rajarhat Choumatha on 23rd and 24th of October 2021.
The corporate football league from the house of Merlin Group, was a kick-start to their upcoming self-sufficient residential township called RISE- Sports Republic. This has been one of its kind initiatives by the Merlin Group which completely revolves around sports theme. The sports township will be developed to provide an international sporting infrastructure for the first time in Kolkata.
The city of joy will not only experience a unique sports themed residential township but the budding athletes of the city will also get an exposure to the international sporting culture. The township will include sports academies and sports related infrastructural facilities that include Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Indoor sports area, swimming pool and a host of other amenities. The township will also include facilities for other sports activities like Basketball, Badminton, Squash and Tennis.
Sixteen teams participated in RPL from various corporates of Kolkata viz.; TCS, Genpact, Wipro, Cognizant, INFIFLEX TECHNOLOGIES , HDFC Bank, British Telecom, PWC, FIIOB, Red FM, Big FM, Friends FM, Fever FM, Nuvoco Vista Corporate Ltd., Woodlands Hospital and the Merlin Group itself on 23rd October and 24th October. Two exhibition matches had also been played on 24th October. First exhibition match was played between Regina’s Girls Academy and a guest team of FOS. Second exhibition match was played between Southern Samity State Sports Academy and Federation of Sports select. All these teams played under the expert guidance of the veteran footballers Manas Bhattacharya, Biswajit Bhattacharya, Prasanta Banerjee and Krishnendu Roy.
Talking about the RPL and The Sports township, , Mr Saket Mohta, Managing Director, Merlin Group stated, “ I personally feel very excited and ecstatic to witness the involvement of the footballer at RISE PREMIER LEAGUE . Kolkata has always been the home-ground of various sports with Football being the most popular sport in Bengal. I thank former star footballers Manas Bhattacaharya, Biswajit Bhattacharya, Krishnendu Roy and Prashanta Banerjee for mentoring the teams. We as a responsible corporate citizen of Kolkata, felt the urge to contribute to the sports glory and heritage of the city. We hope to organize several tournaments to promote the spirit of football”.